Saturday, May 16, 2009


MEETING THE PARENTS IN B-TOWN!!!

Doesn't matter who you are or what time period you've lived in - meeting the parents is always a nerve racking time. You just want to make sure that everything goes perfectly and that your family begins to love him as much as you do. Well, maybe not quite as much as I love him but you know what I mean.
So we pack up the car Wednesday morning and just before we get in I say, "Ok, you're going to meet my parents and my grandparents tonight. How are you feeling?" With smile Ben just says, "Bring it on". A perfect response for a person meeting a whole gaggle of Evans.
Three hours later we show up at my mission office and catch up with the senior missionaries who work there and I get the pleasure of showing off Ben! Two scoops of Farr's Ice Cream later we head to the hotel where my parents were staying....
BIG DEEP BREATH IN


"Mom, dad - this is Ben Darling."

AND THEY LOVED HIM!!!!

Or at least Mom and dad did a great job of making it seem like they liked him. And what makes things even more wonderful Ben really loved hanging out with the 'rents in return. Even got through a whole dinner with a my Evans Aunt. In the midst of all this comradely I feel as if I've achieved something. Like I should get some sort of award for finding person who fits in so well with everyone. Mom made the best point though: when Ben was out of the room I took the opportunity to ask them what they thought of him. After agreeing that they thought Ben was a good guy mom asked, "Do you like him?" "Very much so." Then she gave me that smile that says, "Well, that’s what really matters." Come June it'll be my turn to meet Ben's mom at his sister's wedding. Hopefully it will go just as well as this did!








Ben LOVES to take pictures. Heres me just outside the Bountiful Temple


I know you can't really see his tie, but its my favorite one he owns






Admiring the flowers. I thought they had my favorites - Peonies - but it turned out to be a Tulip that was dressed up as a peonies for halloween. Tricky plant.


And finally, my favorite one from the day! "Hey everyone! Come see how good we look!" :D

1 comment:

  1. So glad everything went so smoothly!
    ...and why will you need someone to take your picture soon?? :) (wanna tell me anything?)

    Maddie is standing right here and she wants me to tell you (in her own words) that she likes your dress, your jacket and your shoes. She also like the flowers because she wants to pick them.

    ReplyDelete