Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Seeing how Valentine's Day was on a Sunday this year we decided to celebrate on Saturday. Or at least try to celebrate.





Everything started off GREAT!! Ben came home from work and presented me with a dozen orange roses. As I was ooing and awwing at how beautiful they were he pulled out another dozen roses from behind his back! What a wonderful way to start the day.
We made plans to look at the puppies, then go see the movie Percy Jackson, and go to dinner at Jonny Carlio's.
We were so excited to go find a new dog. Our apartment complex recently gave dogs the ok to move in. Now OF COURSE our first choice is to have Elli here with us, but no matter how many times we've thought about getting her here we can't figure out how to do it and have it be uber safe for Elli. So our second choice- adopting a new one! Unfortunately the place only had 3 dogs left!! So our first part of the itinerary was over quicker then we thought.
Next came Percy Jackson. Which we soon found was sold out. Went to see 'Valentine's Day' instead- don't bother wasting your money.
Finally off to my FAVORITE Idaho restaurant Jonny Carino's which was PACKED!! The wait turned out to be over an hour. We skipped it and tried a new restaurant (well, new to me) which is all about steak. We had to wait about 20mins for a table and I was getting Hangry. That's right Hangry. Its a turn my roommates and I created for that feeling when you haven't eaten in a while and everything starts to frustrate you. But my hanger was fixed almost immediately by the first course and for being on a date with such an amazing guy! :)
Having our plans going awry sweetly reminded me of our first date that Ben and I had. We got lost, then lingered to long at dinner which made us late for a movie, then couldn't find a pool table, and all sorts of mayhem. BUT the important thing was that we had so much fun together. No matter what happened. That's why I started to fall for Ben because he's so good at just rolling with what life gives you and loving it.
But wait - this whole plans going all wrong didn't start with Ben. Remember when we went to Disney World and ALL I wanted to do was to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and it was the only ride closed down for the whole time we were there!


Then we went to Chicago and I couldn't wait to show my mom the Jackson Pollock. And the only part of the museum closed down for renovations - the Jackson Pollock part. Hmm, how do i fix this jinx about me?!

1 comment:

  1. Our first Valentine's Day together was much the same!! Jonathon tried making reservations well in advance but the restuarant said they don't take reservations. So here comes Valentine night, we go to the restuarant only to be aked if we made reservations because it was booked! ugh.
    Every resturant in Orlando was at least a 2 hour wait. so where did we end up? Fazoli's!! It was fun thought. :)

    Okay I LOVE the term Hangry!! That describes me perfectly when I wait too long to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete