Monday, March 29, 2010

An update, I guess!

I haven't written in a while because I haven't really had much to write about! Its our last full week of the semester and I can't be more excited to get my classes done with. Then its off for a week and a half to NY to see Ben's family and most especially his ailing father, whom I've never met.

This past weekend was nice because Ben's brother Brad came up to visit and brought his wife Karla and their 3 kids: Ashton, Page, and Logan. They stayed with Matt and his family in Rigby and we dropped by every night they were here.

Its still hard for me to get used to the age differences. Every night that they called the kids together to go to bed a tinsy part of me would want to jump up, go brush my teeth and say goodnight. Its not that I feel so young, but more of I'm not used to being in the adult half. I was grateful for their helpful child tips and even more grateful that they didn't ask, "when are you having kids." (My new favorite answer to that query is 'never' because it genrally stops the questions in their tracks)

They brought out the game Tribond and asked if I'd played. I laughed and said yes then dominated the game. I knew I would do well when Matt said, "wow, this one is hard! A stock spread sheet, mountians, and a cheater in hide-and-seek" everyone paused as I yelled "Things that peek!" There was another pause after my exclamation, aparently their games are not as rodeo-esc as ours. Poor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment