Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ONE MONTH

Happy One Month Anniversary!

Can you believe it?! We have survived one month of the marriage life! People keep telling me that the first year is the hardest and if it is- score! Because its going pretty nicely.
I love Ben so much, but that's old news. He's just so easy to love!
~I loved when I got my calling as Primary Pres's Councilor and he prayed for me the rest of the week.
~I love that he's obsest with Halloween.
~I love that his number one joy is making me happy.
~I love that texts me almost everyday just saying how much he misses me or is thinking about me.
~I love that adorable gleam in his eye just after he kisses me.
~I love of great he looks in all our pictures together!
~I love when he cooks Italian food.
~I love that he constantly encourages me to keep writing and wants me to succeed in whatever I choose in life.
~I love that he's so neat and tidy.
~I love that remembers to say morning prayers every day.
~I love that he takes the time to explain the 'star wars universe' to me while we're watching the movies.
~I love when he's already seen an intense movie and warns me not to get attach to a certain character he knows is going to do so I won't be sad.
~I love that he reads ALOT.
~I love his artistic skills and marvels at how fast he can finish any art project or craft project.
~I love that he chooses to do his very best in whatever calling the ward gives him.
~I love that he calls his mom and checks up on her.
~I love that he loves to garden and can't wait to have our own!
But most of all, or at least, most recent
~I love that when I asked him last night what his favorite part about the past month has been he said, "I love that I come home to our little place and to my family everyday." And I thought he was going to say the food!


So for our first anniversary we pretty much stayed in! I cooked up some stir fry with an AWESOME homemade sweet-and-sour sauce. I got the recipe from a lady on my mission and its sooo easy to make and just tastes fantastic! The best I've ever had. If you want the recipe let me know and I'll make sure to post it!

When Ben got home he brought me a bouquet of Roses!!


I almost didn't hear him knocking when he got home because I was listening to 'Cash Cab' so loudly in the kitchen. When I looked through the peep hole to make sure there was someone at the door all I saw were those beautiful pink flowers! I felt bad thought because while I was in Nebraska I bought a little somethin' somethin' but can't find it anywhere in our apt! All I remember was thinking, "oh i'll put it here so he won't find it." and can't remember where 'here' is! I'll look again today and hopefully it'll turn up!


After dinner we took a nice stroll down to our favorite creamery which is a couple blocks from our apt. The weather was perfect for walking and since the high will only be 44 tomorrow we figured we better get the ice cream now!! Its called "G's Dairy" and we both ended up getting our favorite Gorilla Munch even though we both said we'd be getting something new. Gorilla Munch consists of banana ice cream with peanut butter swirls in and Oreo cookie pieces- heavenly. Pure celestial.

1 comment:

  1. Happy One month!It's funny how newlyweds celebrate every month to the 1st anniversary, we went to Chilli's restaurant every month :)

    You got a fun calling! I taught the sunbeams last Sunday because my friend Alyssa was out of town, they are so adorable! I was coloring with them and they wouldn't stop giving me compliments.

    And an adorable 3yo introduced herself to me and lied down on my lap without saying a word, so cute. Her name? Maddie!!! (not our niece, but sure another cutie!)

    ReplyDelete