Monday, October 5, 2009

Who Moved My FALL?!?!

Remember last week's post of the nice warm breeze night and the summery ice cream- no more! Look what Ben and I woke up to:





SNOW


I knew that it was going to be a chilly morning, but this was an unforeseen blitzkrieg of snow fall. Ben and I both start work before the sun comes up, so we woke up to a dry false sense of security. Getting the morning started I wrapped up in a blanket, since Ben and I talked last night how we really didn't need to turn on the heat yet, and started the morning calls around the country. As I could tell that the sun had risen above the horizon I went to crack the shade to let it in- when I saw it. Its white slushy goo that devoured everything in its path- I was surrounded on all sides! After a very audible *gasp* I grabbed my camera and knew what my Monday blog was going to be about.

See for the past 2 autumns I've been "out of commission" and unable to enjoy its crunchy leaves and spooky treats. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to get the fall party started and revel in every seasonal cliche Idaho had to offer: fright houses, corn mazes, farmers markets, Carmel apples, long happy walks in the evening, and the Halloween parties galore. And with one sprinkle from Jack Frost's gang of flurry miscreants my hopes of a crisp fall were dampened. And yes I have turned the heater on now.

Ok, slightly on the dramatic side, but its drama that I do well. :) I do have some questions from my female familia: we're looking for a good (and cheap) table set- any suggestions for an online place besides walmart. Walmart.com is good, but just in case you'all know of something else. Then same question goes for a mattress topper/bed pad.

The other question/problem that I need assistance with is the front door has an AWFUL draft coming from it and I can almost watch the heating bill being sucked into its cold whirlwind. I know there are things you can put at the bottom of the door, but is there anything that I can hang on the side or front or something? Any ideas of suggestions will be happily received

Oh yeah, we haven't heard from any home or visiting teachers yet. It might have something to do with our apt mat:



That reminds me! I will still be doing a video tour of our little home, but I want to get every one's pottery here first! And a table, if we can find one!

2 comments:

  1. Snow, already?! Maaan...

    For furniture, Michael and I like Target because they're good quality. I've never bought anything from eBay but I've been looking at their baby furniture and found new, inexpensive, free shipping stuff that I'm considering to buy ( I want the Target ones sooo bad though)

    I don't know about your door... I think I would put those long rice sacks. My grandma used to make hers look like snakes :)

    I'm curious to see your flower ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy a foam strip that comes with one side sticky, like a sticker. It's super easy...just peel and stick all along the inside of your door frame where the door meets the frame. You can get it at Wal-mart. We've done it in almost every house we've lived in.

    As far as funiture...I'd try craigslist. Or in IF they have (or at least used to have) a newpaper called "The Thrifty Nickel". You could probably find some great used stuff from either place.

    ReplyDelete