Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Doughnut Confession:


Here's an EMBARRASSING story that happened to me just this morning that hopefully you'll find equally as hilarious as I did.

The local bakery at the grocery store makes the best doughnuts. Usually Ben and I are at work all morning and we never get a chance to dig in to their warm gooey deliciousness. We've gone a couple times at the end of the day, but its always too late and its not the same.

Today I found myself in town at just past 9am and realized my opportunity. There aren't many joys in life that only cost 59 cents, so when I find on a deal as this I tend to get overly excited. In fact, this morning my excitement turned into a song that went simply into a taunting chant of "I'm getting a doughnut, I'm getting a doughnut, etc." Over and over again all the way to the grocery store, "I'm getting a doughnut, I'm getting a doughnut."

Now I understand that most people sing such songs in there head, but oh no not me! I sang out loud the doughnut ditty for blocks as I drove to the store. As I repeated it over and over again it became so automatic that my vocal cords took over with out the need of mental prompting. The really unfortunate thing is that I didn't stop singing when I got out of my car. And I didn't stop singing as I walked up the store. And I didn't stop singing as I walked behind the nice old man who turned around and gave me a startled look as if I had completely lost my marbles. I looked back at him confused and then realized (mid-lyric) why he was looking at me that way. haha!

After turning a little pink I ran inside and grabbed my doughy goodness prize for scaring the natives. Haha, embarrassing, but worth it.





And if that didn't tickle your funny bone then this might:
Scene- Ben and Rachel just getting tucked into bed
Ben: You know, its really nice to sleep in the same bed with someone
Rachel: *feeling loved* what do you like best about it?
Ben: Well, come winter you have a free bed warmer
Rachel: *feeling used* you're silly
Ben: You're cost efficient

I laughed for about 10mins straight

No comments:

Post a Comment