Monday, October 12, 2009

Heavenly Father answers prayers, and then some
On saturday I was having a particularly looooong and dreary day. You know, one of those lonely elongating days that you just feel like no one quite understands you? Yep that was my entire Saturday! I keep thinking of women in my situation right now who I could talk and laugh with and was drawing a blank- UNTIL - I remembered Mallory!

Mallory Carty is the wife of Chris Carty whom I got to teach and see baptized on my mission. They're both my age and she really understands the loneliness of newlywed life and wearing dark nail polish in a Utahard world.

We've been able to talk on and off the past couple months and I couldn't help but long for her company in rexburg (she lives in Layton) RIGHT when I kept thinking of what she was up to - SHE TEXTED ME! How wonderful and perfect timing!!! We texted back and forth for a couple hours! It was great. All I could think about is how Heavenly Father knew and understood what I was going through.

Well, just getting to talk with her and joke with her made my day! But the Lord didn't stop there in blessing me: as Ben and I sat down to dinner and I told him a million and one reasons why he would love Mallory & Chris and their whole family I got another text that said, "We're in Rexburg, want to go out for pizza?" I couldn't believe my blessing as I called her and sure enough they were passing though the area while picking up a new trailer and had time to stop!!

I know that Heavenly Father has such a close eye on us and all we need to do is to ask for help, and tell him personally whats going on. He wants to bless us. We were not made just to endure life, but to completely enjoy the journey! Here are some cell phone picks of us in the trailer. Kirsten Forsberg came too!! She was my comp. when we taught chris.




Kirsten, Me, and Mallory





The sign outside the restroom at Craigos, tickled my funny bone

No comments:

Post a Comment