Monday, October 26, 2009

"No news is good news"

As Ben and I read through the family blogs last night we contemplated what we should write in our own. We've both been working full time and didn't even had time for a date night this week so nothing was too note worthy. But I have always been the fan of the phrase, "no news is good news."


Something fun that I got to do (ben has been working till close) was to hang out with my old roommate Joy. She is one of those people whose name was spot on - you just feel wonderful being around her. We decided to have a fun girly night of brownies and doing our own manicures. Pretty soon Hysen, another roommate, called and asked if she could hang too. Hysen has literally traveled the entire world because her dad is an international lawyer and gets to fly the family for free. I would hear her talk to her mom, "no, lets go to Sicily first then Cairo." Good thing she is too nice and fun too hate her! haha. And when we went to pick up Hysen Alyssa already had her coat on ready to come too!!!

It was great to just chill with my best friends up here all together! Sometimes I get a little jealous that they all still live together, but with Ben working so many late nights I've been known to pop back over to the house to distract them from homework. I like to think of myself as a good distraction.

A few minutes before Ben walked in the door we decided to scare him, since he didn't know the girls we're going to be over, by having them hide and then jump out. Problem is- Where can 3 girls really hide in an apt?! We decided to put them under our comforter which I thought would really work, until Ben walked in and just stared at it. Ok so no scare factor, but fun none the less!


Alyssa, Hysen, Joy


Thank Goodness for the Lord's day of rest because it was the only day Ben and I had off! HURRAY!!!! We had an improtu FHE with more sugar cookies! But this time it was with the real Evans' tradition of cookie cutters. I was sooooo excited when Ben found these ones because they look just like the ones that we Evans' kids grew up with!!!



The one stencil that I was really missing was the full body witch, we miss the strangest things from our youth don't we?!

No comments:

Post a Comment