Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Hallow-month
To me Halloween is one of those wonderful times of the year that shouldn't just be acknowledged just one day or week out of the year, but for the entire month of October. I figured since christmas has taken over both december and november there shouldn't be objections made for its pagan sister.

With Ben getting an entire saturday off all I wanted to do was go to a pumpkin patch and pick out a some nice practice ones for the contest that our apt complex is doing next week (I'm very excited and overly ambitions about it). Unfortunately I forgot that I live in Idaho and not the fantastic state of Nebraska and we have zero pumpkin patches here! The local grocery store had ample supply and at 2 dollars a piece you couldn't argue with the price!

We eagerly sunk our hands and knifes (not at the same time) into the pumpkins which turned into a 3 hour long reminiscing of jack-o-lanterns of old. As I scooped out the insides I thought about how fun this'll be when I have my own little kiddies. Then I realized I'd probably have to scrape out their pumpkin guts as well. Which faded into a mathematical conundrum of 'how many pumpkins did my mother clean out?' If we started to clean out our own pumpkins at age 8 and mom having 4 children that would be 32 kids pumpkins and then adding her own that she did would be 41est pumpkins of her motherly life. Cleaning pumpkins has changed my view point of how many kids I want. Maybe I'll just grow a pumpkin patch here instead!


Can you guess who's is who's?! Ben made the sith lord and I craved the jack-o-lantern eating a cat. Its a protest against the apartments new policy to allow cats, but not dogs! Animal-cist.



Answering to another prayer - we made friends! A couple who loves playing video games and watching movies, who served in Brazil / was raised in Brazil. No, oddly enough not Michael and Cris but their life twins Taylor and Gabriella. They live in our building and are so much fun!

We dressed up and went to the local haunted house called 'The Slaughter Mill'!! At first it was pretty terrifying, but that was only the first 30 seconds. Then rest was soooooooo lame and had that rustic 'this is being put on by the boy scout troop #419' feel as all the actors appeared to be around the age of 11 and thought it was ok to touch you. Seriously! A couple parts they would grab your ankles (I kept tripping and almost falling) and pinching us- isn't that illegal? At least no one got hit in the eye!

OH OH OH - the absolute WORST part was we get into this large empty room with literally nothing in it except a hand rail and they lights are completely out. I couldn't even seen Ben who was inches in front of me. We all stood there wondering how this was scary since no one was in the room to jump out at us when a loud voice shouted, "Hold to the rod, don't let go of the rod or you'll be lost. Hold to the rod." We shouted back, "Thanks nephi, but we want to go to the large building! It looks so specious!" I can't wait until the next testimony meeting where I'm positive I'll hear, "there was this room and we had to hold to the rod...."
Possibly the scariest part of the night was the fact that Ben can exactly mimic the Jokers voice and that's enough to send a tingle up any one's spine.



Its 'The Joker' and Harley Quinn!! Well, my outfit had to be modified a bit,



I didn't quite have anything like that in my closet (thank goodness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment