Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ok family and friends! I have found my new FAVORITE dessert to make and they were an absolute HIT at the party I took them too. They're called 'Cupcake-Pops' and they're super easy to make!
I've been obsessed with the idea of making these since I tried them at my sis-in-law's Martha's wedding reception.

Prep: I bought a box cake (you can use ANY box cake you would like) White cake is my fav so thats what I made. You cook the cake as the instructions say. After its baked and cooled you mix in one can of cream cheese frosting until its an all over gooey consistency. Take the mixture and wrap them around lollypop sticks that you can pick up at any cooking store. Then pop them in the fridge for a couple hours OR overnight like I did. Here are the my 'naked' pops the next morning.

Make sure you have all your ingredients on hand. You'll need melting CANDY chocolate. You can't use anything soft for the outer coating or else they'll just end up tasting mooshy, yuck.

The best way to melt chocolate down for candy is called double boiling. Since I don't have another pot or bowl so I just used a small frying pan that actually worked out great! Melt down the chocolate. Then roll each pop into the chocolate and try to get it as even as possible


It was HOT in our Idaho kitchen so I brought in the fan to help cool them off. Also it helped to keep the pops I hadn't dipped in chocolate yet in the freezer. This way they stayed firm while being dipped.



Half way done!!


This is what happens when you let the un-covered pops get room temp. They get weighed down and fall off the stick! I only had on die on me. It was delicious death :)


AND FINISHED!!!! Originally I planned to melt down the mint chips to decorate the other pops with BUT I ran out of time before the party. I decided to just scatter them onto the cookie sheet to spice up the presentation.
This weekend I plan to make a carrot cake with a white chocolate coating. Hope you all enjoy!!! Love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those look good!!! I'm not a fan of icing, but mixed with cake and frozen, they're not that sweet, am I right?? I think I'll try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very interesting...you will have to teach me to make them.

    ReplyDelete