Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Smokey Day in Rexburg!

Ever wondered what 2500 acres on fire looked like? It looks like a cloudy purple day! The fields outside of Rexburg burst into flame and then because of blazing winds it spread like, well, wild fire!
My niece Kianna and I were packing up and I noticed the sky looked extra dark, but figured it was just an incoming storm. Then Ben texted me and said that there was a huge fire outside of town! We grabbed the camera, high tailed it up to temple point (the highest part of Rexburg), and started documenting. Remember it was a crystal clear day so the only clouds in the sky is just the smoke!
I love this picture of the lone camera man and the incoming smoke.
Here's what things looked like up on temple point.

All the purple smoke covering Rexburg down below.


And finally how everything looked right outside my apartment. It got to be so thick that it blocked out the sun! What a good day to keep my inhaler close! :P



No comments:

Post a Comment